First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to check our class page. It is important that you visit the page regularly to help you facilitate your child’s learning at home. Before you begin, here are a few things to take note of:
- I will be posting a daily schedule, which is similar to what we do in the nursery. The timetable will look like this. There is no start time or end time to make it flexible for you. All I ask is for you to stick to the sequence as it is what your child is familiar with. The timetable is designed to cover three hours, similar to the time they spend in the nursery daily.
- Some activities may require you to prepare resources in advance. Most of these are common household items.
- Given that our nursery caters to both 3- and 4-year-olds, some activities are differentiated based on their age. However, maths activities are differentiated based on their abilities. If you are unsure where your child stands, you can do a quick assessment by checking if your child can recite numbers to 10, recognise numerals or count objects.
- Navigating the home learning page is easy. Once you click on the home learning for the day, it will take you to a new page where everything is arranged in sequence. You can access the links to videos, games and pictures by clicking on the text that is in bold and underlined.
- Repetition is key in early years learning. So, don’t be surprised if some activities are the same for the week.
- Please, please, please make sure there are no distractions during your child’s learning time.
- Lastly, I would love to hear how the children are doing. Why don't you send me photos of your child doing one of the activities or pictures of what they have made (e.g. drawing, painting, junk modelling, etc.)? E-mail your photos to China@westcourt.kent.sch.uk. I will be share these photos on our class page for the nursery children to see. (If you don't want the photos published online, please write "Not for publishing" in your e-mail.)
I hope you and your child have fun learning!