Guidance/Information for Covid - types of tests to take
Sammy Sloth Goes Back To School
A story about returning to school to read with your children, especially if they are in the EYFS or Key Stage One.
Rapid Testing at Home (lateral flow for adults)
Please read the information attached as tests are for adults only who have no symptoms and not children. If a child or adult has symptoms you need to book a test at Lord Street car park testing centre.
While Lockdown No. 3 is in progress, The library service wanted to share that Libraries still have lots of resources available for children and their families that can support home learning.
One information sheet lists some of the many library eResources that families can use, including:
- Families can join and manage their cards online too (library cards are free).
- Thousands of free eBooks and eAudiobooks – both stories and information books
- Free online resources to help with home learning
- Free eMagazines and eNewspapers - lots of titles to choose from
- Our Ask a Kent Librarian service can help with accessing digital resources on your own device(s). If you’re stuck with this, or any other query, they can help.
The other information sheet covers online safety, highlighting a range of helpful free resources that families can use, including:
- Home activity packs – available for different age groups
- Family activities on topics such as cyber security and sharing images
- Online safety information available as text or in short videos
Customers of the following providers are able to access BBC Bitesize free of charge.
All contract and pay-as-you-go customers of BT Mobile, EE and Plusnet Mobile will be eligible and the free package will continue while schools remain closed. No registration is required - the free access will happen automatically.
When more providers are added to this list, we will let you know.
See the article below for further details