Home Learning for 26 Nov 2021
Activity 1: The Gingerbread Man
Next week, we are going to look at the story of The Gingerbread Man. Ask your child to watch the video below to familiarise themself with the story. Invite suggestions for the characters who chase the Gingerbread Man to the river. Encourage them to join in with the repeating story language, particularly the refrain, ‘Run, run, run, as fast as you can – you can’t catch me, I’m the Gingerbread Man!’.
Activity 2: The Numbers 1, 2 and 3
The children have been learning about the numbers 1, 2 and 3. They learned the following skills in class:
- counting objects and actions to 3 (one-to-one correspondence)
- looking at groups of objects to 3 and realising how many there are without counting (subitising)
- recognising the numerals 1, 2 and 3
- identifying smaller numbers within a number, such as 1 and 2 make 3, or 1 and 1 and 1 equals 3 (part-whole composition)
- recording using symbols, marks and even forming some numbers
Watch the video below for a quick review and then try some of the online games to test your child's maths skills.
Identify The Number 1
Learn different ways to represent 1.
Identify The Number 2
Learn different ways to represent 2.
Identify The Number 3
Learn different ways to represent 3.
Counting From 1 To 3
Count different sets of objects and match them to the right numeral.