Watch the story of The Magic Paintbrush.
Activity #1: Vocabulary and Comprehension
Here are some questions you can ask your child about the story.
- Rose was very poor but she loved to draw. What did she use to draw pictures?
- Rose met an old woman. What did the old woman give to Rose?
- What can the magic paintbrush do?
- What are some of the things that Rose painted?
- Who asked Rose to paint him a tree full of money? Did she do it?
- Why did Rose refuse to paint a picture for the king?
- What did the king do to Rose when she refused?
- What did Rose do to escape from the prison?
- What did Rose paint when she saw the king chasing after her?
Next, use the magic paintbrush worksheet. Match the picture to the word by connecting the dots. Children will need support in reading the words.
Activity #2: Draw and Write
Using the picture frame template provided ask your child to pretend that they have a magic paintbrush (or crayons). Ask them to draw (or paint) a picture.
If you have a magic paintbrush, what will you paint? Who will you give it to?
If you don’t have this week’s home learning pack you can download the worksheets below.