Date of next review: March 2022
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; this includes ensuring that they are appropriately assessed and appropriate provision provided.
- As a school we also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals.
- Likewise, in making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- The Governors and staff reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has accurately identified as belonging to a vulnerable group.
The range of provision that may be considered includes:
- Small group and one-to-one support for vulnerable pupils who are underachieving.
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through LSA, Family Support Worker and other agencies.
- Pupil Premium resources may also be used to target FSM pupils who are able, with support to attain greater than expected progress at Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Provision of quality enrichment experiences for vulnerable pupils who may otherwise be unable to access this, such as theatre productions, class visits and residential activities.
It will be the responsibility of the Headteacher, or a delegated member of staff, to report to the Governors on:
- The progress being made towards narrowing the gap for socially disadvantaged pupils.
- An outline of the provision that was made since the last meeting.
- An evaluation of the cost effectiveness, in terms of progress being made by the pupils receiving a particular provision.
- Parents will receive information as to the progress of pupils through personal information sent home on individual education plans, partnership evenings and reporting of assessment results at the end of the academic year.
Pupil Premium Lead: V Hart
Pupil Premium Governor: A Watson